Then Tuesday night, when I got home, I started to feel really sick and it continued through Wednesday. When I woke up on Thursday I debated whether or not to go to work. But, we had a half day with a field trip in the afternoon and I figured that if I still felt bad I could leave early. I did end up leaving early and resting until I went to bed that night.
Friday and Saturday were more of the same. Nausea on and off through both days and nights. I have to say that it's wearing me down a little. Saturday morning was the worst yet. Which seems crazy to me since I am almost out of my first trimester. Aren't you supposed to feel the MOST nauseous at the beginning of your pregnancy??? I guess everyone is different.
I am trying to keep my eye on the prize. I am thrilled to be pregnant, I love this baby so much that I could burst and I would feel nauseous a hundred times over as long as it was healthy. I am just looking forward to the day that I start to feel like myself again. They call the second trimester the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy and I am praying that I will be in the stage sooner than later!:)
How far along? 11 weeks.
Total weight gain: 2 lbs and a definite bump.
Symptoms: Not AS tired, but still nauseous.
Maternity clothes? Pants and some shirts.
Sleep: Still sleeping like a champ!:)
Sleep: Still sleeping like a champ!:)
Best moment of this week: Buying a super cute dress from Motherhood Maternity that I can hopefully wear for a few weddings and showers I have this Spring.
Food cravings: Chocolate.
What I miss: Los Tres Amigos Margaritas.
What I am looking forward to: Only having ONE more week until the start of my second trimester!:)
your baby's the size of a lime!
Your fetus is about 1.6 inches long, and she's got about a 1:1 head to body ratio. She now weighs in at about .25 ounces.
your baby at 11 weeks
- You can't see it, but she's moving fluidly and gracefully in there.
- Her skin is see-through, but she's on her way to looking more like a baby.
- Her fingers and toes aren't webbed anymore.
- Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds are forming
I remember how awful it was being sick and I know EXACTLY how you feel when you mean that it just wears on you. I do not think anyone knows how awful it is until they experience it. Hang in there!!!!! It will pass and you will be able to enjoy yourself soon.
ReplyDeleteI hope it passes for you soon! I was around 18 weeks before my nausea let up on a regular basis, I had more good days before then but never a full week at a time.
ReplyDeleteTry not to get frustrated if it seems that the second trimester isn't significantly better, I didn't notice the positive changes as much as John did (and it took him half of that trimester to convince me it was better).
Thanks Ladies!!! Hoping this is my last week of it!:)
ReplyDelete