The doctor measured Landon and we heard his heartbeat...everything was perfect.
She asked if I had been having any contractions this week...I told her nothing that noticeable....just more pressure than anything.
She checks his position...he is still head down with his feet curled upright into my right rib cage.
Then she checks to see if I've progressed any further.
She says I am a 3 then says...oh wait...more like a 3.5...well, maybe closer to a 4!!!!!
Then she tells me I am 80...maybe even 90% effaced!!!!!
WHAT?????
She looks at me kind of weird and says. "Are you sure you aren't having ANY contractions?"
I tell her no, and she tells me to stay close to the hospital. She is thinking any day now. I am still in shock. I think mainly because I'm NOT feeling anything and have no other clear signs of labor. She told me to be grateful that my body is doing all of this work on its own and that Landon is already in position.
Almost everyone that I've talked to was having full on contractions and in the HOSPITAL when they were at a 4 and almost fully effaced. So, that is what is freaking me out. I am just hanging out feeling tired, out of breath and having lots of pressure...but ZERO contractions.
She also warned me that she thinks my labor will go quickly.
I never thought that he would be early and I would have to worry about going fast. I pictured many hours in the hospital laboring PAST my due date. But, in the end it may still be that way. She reminded me that first time babies love to stick with their mommies, but also said that once you are at a 4 things usually come fast!
Only time will tell. In the meantime, I am just hanging out waiting for Landon to decide his birthday!;)
I will keep everyone updated!!!!
How far along? 38 weeks.
Total weight gain: *Shocker* I actually LOST a pound!:)
Symptoms: Pressure, Pressure and more Pressure!
Maternity clothes? NOTHING fits!
Best moment of this week: Hearing his heartbeat and finding out it won't be long now!:)
Food cravings: Milk, pumpkin seeds, Twix and chocolate marshmallow ice cream.
What I miss: Just being able to do anything without sweating, breathing heavy or being in pain!
What I am looking forward to: Just wondering if he will make his appearance this week and be a September baby like his mommy!:)
Your baby's the size of a pumpkin!
Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
your baby at 38 weeks
- She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
- She's slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
WOOHOO!! I was early with all 3 of mine, and with Porter I was 4cm dilated at my 38week appt, and with Hudson I was 3cm dilated at 38 weeks. Good news-- I had the boys shortly after (though was induced with both). YAYYYY! SO so exciting. Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy, and so excited for you guys to meet him!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to hold him kiss him and smell his little head! To witness his birth will be the greatest gift! I love you sweetie! Your gonna be an awesome mommy!!
ReplyDelete