Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter and 14 weeks...

This week has been great. I've had a few headaches on and off, but I finally took some Tylenol Friday and it eventually kicked in! Oh, Ibuprofen how I miss you!!!!

We had our doctor's appointment on Friday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!!!! It was AWESOME! When my doc pulled the Doppler out she was telling me that it can take a few seconds to find the heartbeat, and not to freak out, but as soon as she set it on my abdomen we heard it right away!!! I was so shocked she found it so fast...the baby must have wanted to be in the exact right spot for mommy and daddy to hear it!:) She said that it sounds strong and exactly how she wants it to sound at this point. It started out in the high 150's and then was in the 160's the rest of the time. So, I don't know what to think of that? Is that high? Is it low? I am just glad that the baby is strong and healthy!:)

Other than that I am just so thankful that I am starting to feel like myself again. I am trying to enjoy each day that I feel good and knowing that the baby is doing great just makes it that much better!:) I love you my little pumpkin...hearing your little heart was the best gift of all this Easter!:)

How far along? 14 weeks.
Total weight gain: 3 lbs.
Symptoms: Starting to feel like my old self again!:)
Maternity clothes? Mainly pants, I only have 2 pairs of pants that are non-maternity that I can squeeze in at this point.
Sleep: Not requiring as MUCH sleep as before.
Best moment of this week: Hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time!!!!!:)
Food cravings: ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!
What I miss:  Again, egg rolls.
What I am looking forward to: My next appointment on May 4th.

your baby's the size of a lemon!
At week 14, your baby is 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces, he's almost doubled in weight since last week and keeps on growing.
your baby at 14 weeks
  • He's probably sucking his thumb and wiggling his toes in there!
  • His kidneys are making urine, and his liver and spleen are doing their jobs, too.
  • And he's growing lanugo, a thin, peach-fuzz-like hair, all over his body -- it will help him keep warm!

3 comments:

  1. How awesome it is to hear the beating heart of MY BABY'S baby!! I feel very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww:) We were glad that you came to hear it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said on the phone, there is no great sound than that fast swooshing sound for the first time...Okay, then theres the first time you will hear this little peanut cry! :))))) And, once again, I love your mom's comments. She is SO excited. I love it!

    ReplyDelete