We are pregnant!!!!!!!! We are so happy and so thrilled. We have been trying for about 6 months now and honestly...I thought it would happen RIGHT away. Doesn't everyone though? Well, I guess God knew when the perfect time was for us!:)
Let me give you the details. I have been using an ovulation test since October. It's the Clear Blue Easy Digital (Smiley Face) one. I love it because it made everything super easy. Get a smiley, then that is the peak day of ovulation. Get a circle then you have not ovulated yet.
On January 15th I got my smiley and had been playing the waiting game ever since. I gotta be completely honest, and even Travis can attest to this, I didn't think this was my month. In fact, yesterday I had some spotting (well, not actually "spotting" but brown discharge) sorry if that is TMI folks, and I thought I was out. I always "spot" before my period and I was sure my P was on it's way. I had a Coke last night as a consolation prize and headed to bed.
This morning I was 10dpo. The first day you can test with a true result. I thought, what the heck, I know I'm not pregnant, but I will test for the heck of it. I took the test and set it on the counter and went about my business getting ready for work...I was sure I was going to get a negative. A few minutes later, I saw a faint pink line and screamed for Travis. He barged in the bathroom and I said OH MY GOD is that a line?! He looked down and got a huge smile on this face. We both started to cry....this is the moment we had been waiting for!:)
I called my mom right away. She was of course as happy as we were. But, I was still a little concerned about the "spotting." I called the doctor on my way to work and explained the sitch and they said I could come in for a blood test to confirm. I went in after my conferences this morning at work and was disappointed to find out that I would have to wait for the results until the end of the day today.
Finally at 2:30, I couldn't take it anymore. I called and asked if my results were in....the nurse paused for a minute and my heart dropped. Then she said, "Congratulations, you are pregnant, but your HCG level is very low." When I told her I was only 10 DPO she said, "OHHHHH, that explains it!!!" She said she would have the doctor look over everything and would call me back to see what the next step would be. She called almost right back and said the doctor had already looked over everything and she was okay with the levels and the spotting considering I was so early in the pregnancy. She said that I would just have to keep any eye on the spotting and as long as it wasn't red, I was fine.
I have to go back in on Monday to have my blood drawn again just to make sure that everything is rising. I am confident that it is. Until then I am going to take a test every morning just to make sure that the line is getting darker. I am just so thrilled and excited. I want this baby more than anything!:)
So, our little punkin' is tentatively due October 7th. I think it's so ironic that I am obsessed with Halloween and now I am going to have a October baby. I guess our Halloween parities are going to have to be kid b-day themed from now on!:) Oh, my little pumpkin, I love you so much already. Keep growing...I promise to do all I can for you, now and forever!:)
I Loved You From The Start
Author: Unknown
I loved you from the very start…
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun,
You’re part of me, my little one.
As mother with child, each day I knew
My mind would be filled with thoughts of you.
I’m daydreaming of the things we’ll share,
Like late-night bottles and teddy bears.
Like first steps and skinned knees,
Like bedtime stories and ABC’s.
I’m thinking of things you’ll want to know,
Like how birds fly and flowers grow.
I’ve thought of lessons I’ll need to share,
Like standing tall and playing fair.
When I first see your precious face,
I’ll pray your life be touched with grace.
I’ll thank the angels from above,
And promise you unending love.
Each night I’ll lay you down to sleep,
I’ll gently kiss your head and cheek.
I’ll count your little fingers and toes,
I’ll memorize your eyes and nose.
I will linger at your nursery door,
Awed each day that I love you more.
Through misty eyes, I’ll dim the light,
And whisper, “I love you” every night.
As mother with child our journey’s begun,
My heart’s yours forever, little one.
I loved you from the very start…
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun,
You’re part of me, my little one.
As mother with child, each day I knew
My mind would be filled with thoughts of you.
I’m daydreaming of the things we’ll share,
Like late-night bottles and teddy bears.
Like first steps and skinned knees,
Like bedtime stories and ABC’s.
I’m thinking of things you’ll want to know,
Like how birds fly and flowers grow.
I’ve thought of lessons I’ll need to share,
Like standing tall and playing fair.
When I first see your precious face,
I’ll pray your life be touched with grace.
I’ll thank the angels from above,
And promise you unending love.
Each night I’ll lay you down to sleep,
I’ll gently kiss your head and cheek.
I’ll count your little fingers and toes,
I’ll memorize your eyes and nose.
I will linger at your nursery door,
Awed each day that I love you more.
Through misty eyes, I’ll dim the light,
And whisper, “I love you” every night.
As mother with child our journey’s begun,
My heart’s yours forever, little one.
I loved you from the very start…
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment